Work Permits in South Korea

Information on the requirements for foreigners coming to South Korea to work: visas, work permits, residence permits, foreign registration cards, and immigration offences...

Types of Visa

The following visas allow the visa-holder to work in South Korea:

  • C-4: Short-term employment - This visa is designed for temporary work, which lasts less than 90 days, for example, in the arts or music industry
  • E-1: Professorship - Academics who intend to give lectures or do research in their field of study at educational institutions beyond college level, need this visa
  • E-2: Foreign Language Instructor - This visa allows holders to teach foreign languages at schools, companies, broadcast organisations and similar facilities. Candidates can only teach their first language (mother tongue), and must be educated to degree level
  • E-3: Research - A visa for research and development in advanced technology or the natural sciences. Candidates must apply to teach in their first language (mother tongue), and must be educated to degree level
  • E-4: Technology Transfer - Anyone invited to Korea to provide technical expertise in the natural sciences or high technology fields needs this visa. It is also for those who have technical expertise unavailable in the country
  • E-5: Professional Employment - This visa is for individuals who hold an international qualification for their profession which is recognised by the Korean government. Examples include law and medicine
  • E-6: Arts & Performances - A visa for sport, music, literary, art or fashion performances for profit
  • E-7: Special Occupations - This visa is designed for specific types of work. To view the list of designated roles: Click here
  • E-10: Vessel Crew - For crew working on ships
  • H-1: Working Holiday - A specific visa for tourists from countries which have entered into an "Agreement on Working Holidays" with South Korea. It allows for short-term work to earn money to cover travelling expenses. Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 if they are from Japan and Australia, or 18 and 30 if they are from New Zealand or Canada. Visa holders can live in South Korea for a maximum of one year

More information about work permits can be found on the Hi Korea website.

Do you have a suggestion to improve this page? click here...

What's On


Our 4th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival is officially in pre-production! We are now accepting script submission and director applications.

More Details

Invitation to become a Yeoksam Global Village Center Supporter

Yeoksam Global Village Center is recruiting volunteers who will promote the various events of YGVC. Members of YGVC supporters will carry out promotional...

More Details

Business Directory:
Related Categories

Featured Information

Setting Up Home

Setting Up Home

Find out how to get power, water and gas turned on and how to get the rubbish removed.

Vehicle Ownership

Vehicle Ownership

Find out about bringing a car or motorcycle into the country, including import taxes and duties.





Halla Mountain in Jejudo

Related Discussions

image description
See more...


Breaking news in South Korea

English-language news relating to South Korea and Seoul. Headlines, Business and Technology News and much more..


Featured Business

Seoul Foreign School / International School in Seoul, Korea

Established in 1912, SFS is the most experienced and first authorized International... Read more...

Conrad Seoul / Call 02 6137 7000 Your first home in Seoul

Let Conrad Seoul be your first home in Seoul. Conrad Seoul, offering the most spacious and... Read more...

Crown Relocations / Get a FREE Moving Quote Call 02 796 5717

Crown Relocations provides transportation, destination and immigration services, as well as... Read more...

Useful Tools

Tell A Friend

Have you found AngloINFO helpful? Why not tell your friends about it. If you don't use social media, you can find a simple email form here.